Dear Ideabaaj[s], Developers & Designers:
On the opening day of StartupWeekend Dhaka (January 10th 2013), entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas to the audience, with the goal of finding people to work with. Any idea for an app, or a website or a social business is welcome – the only catch is that you only have 1 minutes to explain to the attendees how incredible your idea is.
We understand that its limitation – 60 seconds is not a lot of time. But if you plan and practice your business idea well ahead of time, you’ll be able to make a huge impression on opening day!
Don’t forget – there are PRIZES to be won for the BEST pitch!!
Here are some tips to get you started when practicing your startup pitch:
-Focus on your core idea – don’t talk about features.
– Speak clearly and not too fast.
– Pick a name for your startup idea.
– Don’t use slides or props. You’ll only have a microphone.
– Introduce yourself and share your background. (5-10 Seconds)
– Describe the problem the idea solves. (10-20 Seconds)
– Explain the idea and how it solves the problem. (10-20 seconds)
– Say who you need on your team (e.g., developer, marketing, designer, etc.) (5-10 seconds)
– Remember to smile and make your enthusiasm contagious!
More inspiration can be found here:
Thanks for reading! Comments and questions are always welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your StartupWeekend organizing team:
– Diya, Sabbir, Naima, Saadat and Chisty